Sat, Oct 14|
Improv Rope Intensive: From the Ground Up
Time & Location
Oct 14, 10:00 AM – Oct 15, 5:00 PM
Upline Studio, 1 Hartford Square Suite 215, New Britain, CT 06052, USA
About the Event
Improv is an essential skill that can enhance your play and versatility in rope - from inventive mid-scene transitions to creative uplines to building original harnesses, improvisation can be used in almost every aspect of rope. If you’re looking for a way to break the mold but not sure where to begin, this workshop is a great place to start. Come explore how to improvise in rope with The Masochists!
In this weekend-long intensive we will…
- Explore body manipulation and how to move a body in rope
- Deconstruct the key elements of structure to learn how to tie without predefined patterns
- Build our own shapes and harnesses and work with them in the air
- Learn how to edit harnesses that we know to make them work better for us
- Create improvised transition sequences
- Experiment with uplines and how to utilize them in our ties
- Adventure into how to create and suspend chaotic ties
To participate in this class:
- The person tying should feel comfortable with suspension and upline management and know a variety of suspension-worthy harnesses and frictions.
- The person being tied should have experience with suspension, the desire to be in rope, and the ability to communicate about body placements and positions that are best for them.
Bring your full suspension kit, your cutting tool, a notebook, a writing implement, and your creativity.
Cost: $250/per tying pair
Schedule for both Saturday and Sunday
9:30am - Doors open
10am - Class starts
1pm - Lunch magically appears
5pm - end of workshop
About the Presenters
Sassy (sassy_masochist) began her rope journey in 2015, and quickly discovered a love for both topping and bottoming. Over the years, she has had the opportunity to learn many different rope styles from around the world and is always eager for new educational opportunities. While primarily a rope educator, Sassy's classes often aim to destigmatize kink and help kinksters make adjustments in their play to accommodate their body's specific needs. Always looking to improve her skills and develop her own style, Sassy considers herself a lifelong student and is eager to keep teaching and learning from her peers in the future.
Living up to her name, Tori (FearlesMasochist) has a rope bottoming career spanning over 7 years, across multiple communities involving diverse and intense sadistic rope styles; most recently expanding into education with several classes across the US and at EURIX. She is a big advocate for community and is a mentor with the New England Mentorship Program (a kink mentorship program in New England). Tori has developed a deep dedication to masochism, from what started as a bedroom spanking fetish and a love of contact sports. Always up for a challenge, she can be seen hanging upside down from a rig somewhere in Boston.