Code of Conduct
The following Code of Conduct is in effect during all events open to the public, whether hosted by Upline or someone renting out the studio. Events open to the public are defined as advertised events. Closed events may use different rules, which will be reviewed by Upline management prior to the event.
1. All guests are required to obtain informed enthusiastic consent from others before engaging in any kind of verbal or physical play with them. This includes but is not limited to:
a. No touching people or personal property without permission. This includes hugs, hands on shoulders, handshakes, etc.
b. Do not engage in D/s verbal role-play unless you have permission. For example, don’t call someone “Mistress” or “slave” or any other role-play word unless you have been granted permission to do so.
2. You are responsible for your own scenes. This means:
a. Negotiating the scope of your scene prior to its start, including whether there will be any contact with the breasts, genitals, etc.
b. Giving clear and unequivocal informed verbal consent to the proposed acts before the scene begins, and to ensure you have received clear and unequivocal informed verbal consent from your partner(s).
c. Accepting consent only from a partners that are able to give clear informed consent. For example, someone in "sub-space" might not be able to give informed consent. It is generally a bad idea to re-negotiate in the middle of a scene.
d. Asking Upline staff or other guests to act as scene spotters if necessary, and sharing any specific safewords or safesigns with them.
e. Immediately stopping your activities at any suggestion that your partner has withdrawn consent. Anyone can verbally withdraw consent, make a nonverbal safesign, or use the universal safeword RED at any time. If play is not stopped after the safeword is used, studio staff and/or volunteers may intervene. This is your ethical and legal obligation that can have serious repercussions if ignored.
f. Being clear and unequivocal when withdrawing consent. This is an ethical obligation that can have serious repercussions if ignored. Note that consent may be withdrawn by any party, no matter their gender or role.
3. Photography is allowed at all times and is treated as any other kink activity: everyone involved must consent to having the picture taken, having any identifiable visuals appear in the picture, having their rope work photographed, having the picture posted on any/all social media. During specific photography events, photographers are encouraged to use model releases to obtain consent in writing.
4. Above the waist nudity is allowed for all genders. Keep the bits that go in your underpants inside your underpants. When outside the studio you must be street legal. This includes the hallway immediately outside the studio.
5. No sex. Do not touch genitals under clothing, whether your own, or someone else’s.
6. If you have concerns about the safety of Upline equipment please immediately bring it to the attention of Upline staff.
7. If you have concerns about the safety of Upline equipment please bring it to the attention of Upline staff. If you notice a safety issue with someone else's tie please notify Upline staff immediately. We reserve the right to stop any scene if there is a concern for the safety of the participants.
8. No one under the age of 18 is allowed inside the studio. All guests must bring state issued ID and be prepared to have it verified by Upline staff.
9. Drugs and alcohol are not permitted at Upline. If you are under the influence, we may ask you to refrain from playing and/or ask you to leave.
10. On your first visit to the studio, you must sign a liability waiver.
11. Clean up after yourself.. This includes wiping down equipment, floor, etc. as well as using preventative measures such as chux pads.
12. Upline is a safe and welcoming place for everyone, regardless of gender, race, role, age, or any other characteristic. Upline guests are required to not engage in rude, discriminatory, offensive, or abusive behavior towards others.
13. Adhere to basic BDSM/kink etiquette: don't interrupt scenes, give other players space, do not touch things that do not belong to you.
Questions & Concerns. You are encouraged to direct your questions and/or concerns to email@example.com or by on FetLife at @Upline.
If you experience or witness a consent incident, inform Upline owners, staff, or volunteers immediately, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Violation of this policy may result in expulsion from events or a ban from the studio.
Disclaimer: Every reasonable effort will be made to enforce this policy, but this organization makes no representations or guarantees about its ability to do so, and all participants/attendees retain full, sole responsibility for their safety and the safety of others with whom they interact.
Code of Conduct Policy last update: November 12, 2021